With spring on it’s way, I figured it to be a good time to show off our ’68 Cutlass Convertible project. The car came to us in need of a massive amount of work, it had no floor, no interior, the drive train wasn’t in running order,and the body had numerous dents,dings, etc. The upside to this was that it did have a brand new custom frame with Corvette C6 front suspension so we had a great place to start. Here are a few pictures of what we had to start with:
So after talking with the owner to go over their expectations of the build and what they wanted to do we came up with the following:
As you can see we are completely re-building the car, top to bottom, inside and out. Here is a quick run down of what we have planned:
- Modify the front grill assembly and hood for a sleeker look
- Re-paint the body PPG Midnight Saphire blue
- Put 28” Forgiato wheels on and keep the car as low as possible
- Completely custom interior with a Corvette C6 Dashboard
- 6500 Watt Kicker audio system with 5 sets of Kicker QS speakers actively crossed over and 4 12”L7 subwoofers in the trunk.
- Stroked 418 ci LS3 with approx. 620hp mated to a 6speed auto
- Four wheel 14” big brake kit from Wilwood
Over the duration of the project, I will make sure to keep posting pictures and keeping everyone filled on the progress wether it be via blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so be sure to follow us. We are looking forward to building this and hope to unveil the finished product soon!